Jake Behrens – Interview
Jake Behrens is a developer in Oklahoma City, OK whose recently been attacking the iPhone market app market. I’ve asked Jake to come on 8bitFeed™ to help share his story for those thinking about jumping into the pool of iPhone development. To date he has released 4 separate iPhone apps produced for his clients & himself. In addition to his steady stream of apps, he also sheds light on how you can begin speaking at one of the plethora of conferences if you have the desire to give back. Overall Jake does a great job at explaining where he thinks you should begin, or if your already involved, what are some other great tools out there for you to use.
- 360i Dev
- COOP Ale Works
- Swine (H1N1) Flu Detector
- Instant FAIL
- iCE Amsterdam
- okcCoCo (Oklahoma City Coworking Collaborative)
- CoLAB Orlando
- Pragmatic Programmers
- iPhone Dev Center
- WWDC Session Videos
Info freebies for you
- If you don’t know Objective-C, what are some options if you want to learn?
- Are you looking to start freelancing? Part time or full-time?
- Should you start with a Net 30? Or Half/Half?
- What are CoLab locations?
- Should you make your own apps? Or make client iPhone apps?
- How important is being involved with & contributing to your community?
- How do you get invited to speak at one of the conferences?
- As a whole, how was my interview? Did I get you useful information?
- Were there important questions I didn’t ask?
- How do you like the setup of the video layout? How was the audio?
- What did you take away from this video?
- Any suggestions for improvement?